Breaking News

Makeover to an Old IKEA Cart

I've always wanted a fancy bar at home, one that makes you proud when your friends drop by. But somehow in all the apartments I've lived in I did not have enough space for one.
I started looking for some inspiration in hometalk and saw a super cool idea that could actually make a small portable bar and a cool cart. And I had an old cart on the balcony that was used for storing flower pots. The flowers are long since withered away, apparently I'm not good at growing plants :)
Time: 5 Hours Cost: $10 Difficulty: Easy
  • makeover to an old ikea cart
  • makeover to an old ikea cart
So that's how it looked before ...
  • makeover to an old ikea cart
  • makeover to an old ikea cart
I bought a spray with a bronze gold tinge, one that was suitable for spraying on aluminum, and I painted the whole frame of the cart. I did not even have to take it apart, just take off the trays.
  • makeover to an old ikea cart
I bought a matching bronze-colored wallpaper sticker and covered the cart's aluminum trays with it.
Tip on adhesion without bubbles: if you splash a drop of water on the surface, the sticker does not stick too much and allows more convenient adhesion. It is recommended to use a piece of cloth or plastic to straighten the sticker. A credit card will work as well :))
  • makeover to an old ikea cart
Voila!
And now to the most interesting part! The design!
  • makeover to an old ikea cart
It's my cool little bar cart, and it's easy to move from place to place.
Now I just have to invite my friends for a drink!
And another tip: Drink a glass of wine before you start your DIY, it helps creativity!
  • makeover to an old ikea cart

No comments