Breaking News

How to Secure a Standing Mirror to the Wall

I love the look of a full-length mirror in a bedroom and was so excited to finally add one to our own master bedroom.

But once we had it leaning against a wall in our bedroom, I quickly became nervous about it sliding down or falling over whenever we would walk by! So to give myself some peace of mind, I spent 10 minutes securing it to the wall.

And even though we don't have any children in our household, I used an item that is used to baby proof your home, to secure it to the wall.
Time: 10 Minutes Cost: $10 Difficulty: Medium
  • how to secure a standing mirror to the wall
Here's the mirror before I secured it to the wall. It looks great in this space (and bounces a ton of natural light into the room!), but I was a nervous nelly every time I walked by!
  • how to secure a standing mirror to the wall
I found these furniture straps online and thought they might work to secure my large mirror. These are often used on heavy pieces of furniture to prevent them from tipping over onto a child.

You usually screw in one side of the strap into the furniture, and the other directly into a stud on the wall.
  • how to secure a standing mirror to the wall
But because my mirror is metal, I couldn't drill the strap into the back of the mirror. So I secured it through a loop on the back instead.
  • how to secure a standing mirror to the wall
I then put the other side of the strap directly into a stud on the wall, and I then cut the excess strap off.
  • how to secure a standing mirror to the wall
Now my mirror isn't going anywhere! I love how it looks in this space, and I'm even happier knowing that it's nice and secure in our room.

For the full step-by-step tutorial, check out this blog post.

Materials used for this project:

  • Furniture Straps
  • Drill
  • Stud Finder

No comments