Breaking News

Ski Shelf


A neighbor gave us these beginner skis to do something with. After seeing an episode of Maine Cabin Masters on DIY, I had my inspiration. If you have a lake place, you might have some old skis stored away and you can do this too!

ski shelf
Beginner skis are typically held together with a small rope at the back and a trainer rope attached on the front to help the skier get up.


ski shelf
Here, I show where I removed the rope. It was getting frayed and could break at any minute. Not something you want to have happen to someone trying out a new sport.

ski shelf
Next, I placed the bottoms of the skis facing each other. I then made sure that the top of both skis were level with each other and screwed them together.

ski shelf
Here is how it looked.

ski shelf
Then, I added shelves on the bottom and in the middle.

ski shelf
Ok, now it needs to be used. On the show Maine Cabin Masters they drilled holes on the sides to hold wine bottles. Loved the idea but decided not to use it that way. They could always be added later.

ski shelf
Side view.

ski shelf
This is the stain I used on the barn wood. I love this stuff. You stain and seal all in one step!

ski shelf
And here it is as a bar. This could be used in any room and has many uses, to display pictures in any room, in the bathroom to hold toiletries, in the bedroom to hold books, on the deck with a little basket holding sun block, sunglasses. So versatile!

ski shelf
It can also be hung on the wall or sit on the floor. So many possibilities!

No comments