Breaking News

Valentine's Day Tablescape

Whether you are hosting a Valentine's dinner or a Galentine's celebration for your friends, check out this graceful tablescape with a modern, fresh ambiance.
Time: 1 Hours Cost: $25 Difficulty: Easy
  • valentine s day tablescape
When invited to join this tablescape blog hop showcasing “romantic tables for two,” I intended to do just that. You know, arrange an intimate, romantic table setting for me and my husband. With flowers. And hearts. And music. And no TV remotes. Or cell phones. But it began to sound like a lot of work. Trust me, he’ll be happier with some buffalo wings on a TV tray in the den. So why not share my artistic efforts with my girlfriends instead? You know, a Galentine’s celebration.

I’m in Florida right now, and my condo here is casual, with a funky midcentury vibe. I love my live edge table, so I didn’t want to cover it with a cloth. I did, however, spot this lovely runner in  Cost Plus World Market and couldn’t resist.  The embroidery on the ends tugged at my heart, and they picked up the colors in my flowers beautifully.
  • valentine s day tablescape
I upcycled paper lunch bags into  metallic vases and filled them with red carnations and salmon colored roses. (Check out my tutorial  here.) Then I folded citron green napkins into  funky heart shapes.
  • valentine s day tablescape
I then repeated the color red in little wooden trays of fresh strawberries. (Since you’re officially one of my galentines, I’ll let you in on a secret. These wooden trays are actually incense burners from  World Market!)
  • valentine s day tablescape
And speaking of galentines, you know I’ve gotta get my peeps a Valentine. I filled these small colored bags with raffia handles with a bohemian patterned tissue paper and some sweet surprises.
  • valentine s day tablescape
Let’s see… have I forgotten anything? Flowers? Check. Strawberries? Check. Wine? Need you ask? And of course, all my sweet galentines.
  • valentine s day tablescape
  • valentine s day tablescape

Materials used for this project:

  • Paper lunch bags
  • Metallic spray paint
  • Fresh flowers
  • Table runner   (World Market)

No comments