Breaking News

I Love You Beary Much

Valentine’s Day is for sweet romantic mementos. I wanted to make something sweet dedicated to my husband.
I could not leave home this last week, so I went rummaging in my supplies.

Time: 1 Hours Cost: $0 Difficulty: Easy
Pink daisies were at the top of my silk and plastic flower pile. I’ve used flowers from this pile over and over—because they are my favorite! I’m really not much in love with pink, but with three granddaughters, I’m hooked!

Looking for inspiration, I checked out my year-round wreath on the front storm door. Since I pulled this wreath out of storage last Autumn, I have added orange, coral and green for that season; red and white flowers and a dove for Christmas; and simple red and white for January and Valentine’s Day. I have plans for Spring and Summer. But I decided the wreath was not going to be the Valentine gift I wanted.

After more digging, I found little stick-on hearts, a twine and metal heart-shaped basket, the same pink flowers, on about 3-4” stems, and a tiny teddy with an “I LOVE YOU” amulet and bow. Scissors help with the flower stems,

I wove the flower stems through the metal wire and the glue-hardened twine. It wasn’t easy, because the stems were wire and plastic. I didn’t like the first arrangement, and the bear was too hidden.

I used a wire easel to give the basket some attitude. The stems are neatly inside the basket. I did not use the stick-on hearts. Rearranging the flowers made a better composition.

The final touches and I presented my Valentine to my personal Valentine. Hubby was delighted and said my gift was “sweet”. I love a compliment from the man I love. Maybe you can use my idea.


Materials used for this project:

  • Silk flowers, toy bear, V Basket, wire stand   (My stash and around the house)
  • Supplies: scissors to cut bent stems   (My scissors)

No comments